Please donate to enhance our existing Memorial Garden and to create a sacred and affordable burial space for current and future members.
- Why are we expanding the Memorial Garden?
The existing Memorial Garden is now full.
- How was this plan developed?
For over two years the committee has investigated options, gathered parishioner feedback through a survey, designed plans, created a budget, sought bids, received approval from pertinent church committees, the Vestry and the Diocese.
- What does the Memorial Garden Expansion include?
• Burial for 500 cremains;
• Increased access, for mourners during services: (1) a walkway surrounds the center burial area on 4 sides; (2) the two-sided fenced expansion allows unobstructed views from outside the garden for choir & mourners; (3) sound system amplifies priest’s voice;
• Extra seating, subdued lighting, water features and planters filled with seasonal flowers in both gardens;
• Careful improvement of existing garden without disturbing any cremains;
• Unobtrusive grid system, so accurate burial records are maintained.
- How will St. Cat’s maintain the improvements?
The newly established Memorial Garden Guild will systematically maintain the garden’s burial records, flowers and plantings, new water features, walkways and other needs.
How Can I Donate?
Work only begins when we reach our goal of $50,920.
Donations in any amount are welcome:
- Online: St. Catherine’s members may donate online one time or on a schedule you determine, via your account in The City — log in to stcatherines.onthecity.org.
- By check: Anyone may donate by check, please make your check to “St. Catherine’s Episcopal Church”, be sure to designate it in the memo line for “Memorial Garden Expansion”. Place checks in the collection plate on Sundays or mail to our church office at 571 Holt Road, Marietta, Georgia 30068.
St. Catherine’s Memorial Garden is for interment of ashes of the departed. For information regarding funerals at St. Catherine’s please contact the church office.