St. Catherine’s has been involved for over 25 years with many volunteer support opportunities with MUST Ministries (Ministries United for Service and Training) and its Elizabeth Inn homeless shelter on Cobb Parkway in Marietta. All opportunities are highly rewarding experiences! For information about MUST visit www.mustministries.org.
- St. Catherine’s provides dinner and hosts on the 28th of each month for the Elizabeth Inn. Dinner volunteers arrive at 6:00 PM to cook and serve and leave by 8:00. Volunteers donate food to feed approximately 55-65 guests.
- Our Rector and 1 to 2 volunteers provide breakfast each month on the fourth Wednesday. Volunteers arrive at 5:30am and cook, serve and leave by 7:00am.
- A team of volunteers helps to do the men’s laundry at the Inn on the fourth Tuesday and fifth Wednesday each month, beginning at 6:00 PM.
- In 2012 a team of volunteers helped re-build the day services building at the Elizabeth Inn campus.
Summer Lunch Program
- Children who receive free lunches during the school year often do not have the means for lunch when school is closed. MUST’s Summer Lunch Program provides lunches to local area children throughout the summer. St. Catherine’s packs bag lunches on one or more summer dates. This is an opportunity for parishioners and their children to participate.
- The Gobble Jog is a community fun run on Thanksgiving Day in Marietta. See Fun Runs